Great ways to build your customer base…whether you have a small business or an empire, the principals of building your customer base will still apply. Gaining new customers is one of the most difficult aspects of running a business, so it is important to retain and look after the ones you already have. Customers are the lifeblood of any business, so it is vital you keep generating leads and retaining your existing customers, while on the ‘hunt’ for new customers.
Here are 10 Powerful Tips To Grow Your Customer Base
- Focus on the right customers. Just because you might have a small business don’t just think you can only sell to other small businesses.
- Stay connected with your customers. Engage with them. Build a solid relationship with them. The internet and social media marketing makes this extremely easy to do.
- Offer extra value. Always try to over-deliver so your customers will stay loyal to you and keep coming back for more.
- Don’t be afraid to ask for referrals and testimonials.
- Understand and address your customer’s key frustrations.
- Keep communicating with your customers. Don’t let them forget about you. You can do this via online newsletters, social media platforms like Twitter and Facebook etc. Provide offers and information which may be of value to them.
- Make it your aim to get to know your customers. Find out as much as you can about them. Get to know their interests, their partner’s names, how many children they have, what pets they have, what car they drive etc.
- Improve your customer service skills. This includes how you communicate with them, how you answer the phone and how you present yourself and your business. Whatever contact your customers have with you, it should always be a positive experience.
- Ask customers how you can do things better. No company is perfect, but if you allow your customers to give you feedback, you will keep them on your side and loyal to your business.
- Create forums or Facebook groups where customers can share information and ideas. Create a community for them to be a part of. It all helps with the engagement and keeping them loyal to you.
When it comes to increasing the size of your customer base the first people you should look at are your most loyal customers. They are your best salespeople because they are more likely to recommend your business to others. A wise man once told me that knowledge is power but word of mouth conquers all.