1. Ethiopians follow a particular strand of Orthodox Christianity that prohibits the eating of any animal products on Wednesdays and Fridays.
2. The first black African to win gold in the Olympics was an Ethiopian named Abebe Bikila.
3. Ethiopia started the coffee industry, when a goat herder saw his flock taking a liking to a particular bush he decided to give one of the fruits a taste.
4. Ethiopia is a country full of vibrant and colourful festivals. eg Timket is a 3 day annual festival in honour of the baptism of Jesus Christ in the Jordan River.
5. Ethiopia is the only African country to never be colonized.
6. Ethiopians measure time differently, by starting the clock when the day starts, this meaning sunrise is 1 o’clock and sunset at 12 o’clock.
7. Ethiopia has 13 months in a year where most cultures who have their own calendars still have 12 months only.
To view more Articles, please visit our Leads 2 Business Blog.
If you are interested in becoming one of our subscribers, please visit Leads 2 Business.
To view notes with screenshots on how to use our website, please visit Leads 2 Business Wiki.