To receive the best and relevant prices for your tender, take into consideration the following:
When Creating the L2Q Bill Request:
- Ensure that the Vendors / Subcontractors are given enough time to price the RFQ, too short a lead time and they will be unable to submit a price.
- Provide a start date, as this will determine whether their schedule will allow them to price.
- Provide an accurate location (physical address or GPS co-ordinates) where the work will take place.
- Provide as much information as possible, i.e., drawings or scope of works, etc.
When Sending out the RFQ’s:
- Read the description of the company before selecting, as some companies might only do a specific part of a trade and it might not be the work that needs to be priced.
- Select the companies that service the applicable region and send them to a select list.
- Only send to one contact in the same company, as selecting multiple contacts in the same company may cause confusion.
After RFQ’s have been sent:
- Respond to queries that may be sent to you from the Vendors / Subcontractors.
By following the steps above, you should receive a spread of prices to assist in compiling your tender, and as always, the L2Q Department is available for assistance and will assist in following up on prices still required.
To view more Articles, please visit our Leads 2 Business Blog.
If you are interested in becoming one of our subscribers, please visit Leads 2 Business.
To view notes with screenshots on how to use our website, please visit Leads 2 Business Wiki.