Starting a Business a.k.a Start-ups
What do I know of Start Ups? Sorry to disappoint… But nothing really, other than what I’ve seen in the hit TV series ‘The Start-up’ – and with all I’ve seen in this show – the 1st 2 things I figured out is:
People see a million dollar idea, and all they see is dollar signs – and too bad for you if you’re not smart, stubborn and conniving enough to make sure that you don’t get locked out of your own million dollar idea (like in the The Startup!! Crazy stuff!) Sad right? Oh well – that’s life my dear fellow humans.
Stealth Performance Communications chairman had 1 crucial tip to share: “Build in silence; they can’t stop what they can’t see,” he cited as his advice, during an interview Peter Daisyme had with him at a conference.” – From Peter Daisyme Blog. True words that!
That’s the end of my advice – as an unqualified individual that knows nothing of starting your own business.
So my thoughts are to complete my blog on a lighter note – with a few fun business facts you just got to know!
As surprising as it might be, the business world is indeed a fascinating place!
- The reason blue is Facebook’s main colour : Mark Zuckerberg suffers from red-green colour blindness – mind blowing right!
- Google was originally called BackRub
- Apple became the first ever $700 billion company in 2015
- Ever wondered how many brands Coca-Cola has? As many as, if you decide to drink a different brand of Coca-Cola every day – it will take you 9 years to try them all! Say what???
- The average mobile user checks their phone 150 times a day!
- Legendary McDonald’s first item on their menu was a hotdog!
- Domino’s pizza was founded by 2 brothers, one of which decided to trade his half of the business to his brother for a used Volkswagen Beetle! Can you say MAJOR REGRET!!
- Think – ‘yummy Vaseline’ eeuw right – well, the inventor of Vaseline used to eat a spoonful every day! – None other than, Mr Robert Chesebrough
- The famous Starbucks is named after a character in Moby Dick
- Money and poverty – estimated in 2012: If the 100 richest people in the world put all their yearly earnings together, they could have had enough to end world poverty 4 times over!
- The designer of the famous Nike swoosh tick was paid $35 – really?
- Marvel owned the rights to the word ‘Zombie’ up to 1996 – yay for the end of that! Just think of all the awesome scary Zombie movies we would have missed out on if that hadn’t changed?
Blown away yet? Well I saved the best for last:
- Walmart averages $1.8 million of profit… daily? Oh no, wait for this… HOURLY! $1.8 million profit every hour! Wrap your mind around that!!!
To end off, another delightful and inspiring quote from the co-founder and CEO of Dropbox:
“Don’t worry about failure; you only have to be right once.”
If you are interested in becoming one of our subscribers, please visit our website.
To view notes with screenshots on how to use our website, please visit our Wiki site.
To view more articles, please visit our blog.