How to go green without breaking the bank does not necessarily mean smoke and fly.
Going green means being environmentally responsible, eco-friendly and can be affordable.
You do not need to drastically change your lifestyle right away. You can start gradually by doing just a few things and adding more as time goes on. Depending on what you do, your actions will help the environment in many different ways, but they will all add up to help reduce the impact of climate change.
1. The home set-up
Your home should be set-up in a way that saves energy.
- Plug home electronics into power strips; turn the power strips off when the equipment is not in use.
- Install low-flow showerheads.
- Use Energy Star-qualified CFL and LED bulbs.
- Install outdoor solar lights
- Make your own detergents.
2. Food options
- Consider turning your backyard into a miniature garden.
- Make your own compost.
3. Thrifting everyday purchases
- Spend a weekend thrifting or even visiting vintage shops to find cheaper and green alternatives.
4. Selling and donating unwanted items
- No matter how organized you say you are, everyone has some level of clutter.
- Start by taking a look in your closet, picking and packing the items that you have not worn for ages.
5. Reduce, Reuse, Recycle
6. Plant a tree
7. Use Less Water
8. Bring bags to the grocery store
9. Check out Freecycle
- One man’s trash is another man’s treasure is the cliche behind Freecycle
- Check your local board on the site to search for household items, from furniture to technology, that other people want to give away. The site is also perfect for getting rid of your own useless junk. Freecycle is free to join (naturally), and it’s a win for both you and the environment.
10. Ditch your car.
- If you can get to work without driving, why not do it? You’ll get some exercise, save some cash and help the environment. Even better, it will make you happier and generally more satisfied with life.
Earth day – 22 April
If you are interested in becoming one of our subscribers, please visit Leads 2 Business.
To view notes with screenshots on how to use our website, please visit Leads 2 Business Wiki.
To view more Articles, please visit our Leads 2 Business Blog.