Funny excuses written on insurance claims.
Insurance fraud is no joke, but below are a few funny insurance fraud and claims :
• “I thought my window was down but I found it was up when I put my head through it.” Probably not the most effective way to think with your head”
• “I was driving along the motorway when the police pulled me over onto the hard shoulder. Unfortunately I was in the middle lane and there was another car in the way..”
• “Going to work at 7am this morning I drove out of my drive straight into a bus. The bus was 5 minutes early..”
• “A man in Washington State nearly got a taste of his own medicine when he attempted to kill a spider with a makeshift blowtorch. Using a cigarette lighter and a can of hairspray, he promptly set fire to his towels and the bathroom went up in flames. His insurance claim was refused because it was deemed a ‘deliberate act”
• “There’s a WHAT in your soup? Carla Patterson tried to defraud a Virginia Cracker Barrel restaurant for a $500,000 insurance settlement after claiming she found a mouse in her soup. An investigation found that the mouse didn’t have any soup in its lungs and never was cooked. She was sentenced to one year in prison”
• “For 7 years between 1993 and 2000 Isabel Parker pretended to slip and fall in various locations. After doing it nearly 49 times she filed insurance claims worth nearly a millions dollars. Unfortunately for her the insurance company didn’t fall for it”
• “The accident happened because I had one eye on the lorry in front, one eye on the pedestrian and the other eye on the car behind.”
• “A woman in the USA who had accidentally baked her cellphone inside a birthday cake had her insurance claim denied”
• “In Greece, a British tourist was so busy looking at a group of girls that he ran into a bus shelter and broke his nose. He was lucky – his insurer paid out for his medical treatment”
Think the next time you lay a claim with your insurance, make sure it is sensible and that it does not land up on the funniest insurance claims list.
To view more articles, please visit the Leads 2 Business Blog.
If you are interested in becoming one of our subscribers, please visit Leads 2 Business.
To view notes with screenshots on how to use our website, please visit the Leads 2 Business Wiki.