All you need to know about Drone Surveying
What is surveying?
Surveying refers to the detailed inspection of an object or area. It is commonly used to investigate infrastructure, developments or to assist with mining activities.
There are many different forms of surveying, infra-red, aerial photography and sensing tools just to name a few.
These methods can be very costly and time consuming and in today’s times we need to be fast and cost effective. Drones now allow us to save time and money.
One of the more effective tools that allow you to obtain data a lot quicker and easier.
Today’s drone technology has many benefits.
- Lower operational costs
- Real-time reporting
- Reliable data collection
- A birds-eye-view of any terrain.
Here are a few ways drone surveying can save time and money, making any project more cost effective:
- STOCKPILE SURVEYS
- SLOPE MONITORING / DETECTION
- TOPOGRAPHICAL SURVEYS
Now the question that everyone is asking…. What are the pros and cons of Drone Surveying??
- EASE OF DEPLOYMENT: Drones are able to complete survey projects in half the time of any traditional surveying method. Traditional surveying that took several weeks can now be done in a few short days, allowing projects to be done in less time.
- REDUCED RISK: Drones are able to go into harsh and hazardous terrains, allowing better collection of any data in any environment.
- DETAILED DATA: Drones are able to capture high-resolution images as they are equipped with imaging software which makes it easy to turn images into a wide variety of geo-referenced 2D maps and 3D models.
- WILDLIFE: Leads 2 Business are very passionate about saving Rhinos. Drone surveying greatly assists in the fight against rhino poaching and the protection of the environment.
There are some concerns when it comes to drone surveying.
Government can restrict drones to only fly in certain areas. There can be legal and financial implications for any persons that are found to be in violation.
Thus, in short, the Pros out way the Cons by far, as long as you have all your legalities in order!
To view more articles, please visit the Leads 2 Business Blog.
If you are interested in becoming one of our subscribers, please visit Leads 2 Business.
To view notes with screenshots on how to use our website, please visit the Leads 2 Business Wiki.